Thursday, August 9, 2012

Core Cards Creative Frenzy!!!

Hello Crafty Friends, I heard that Core'dinations was having a DT call for card makers, so I decided why not give it a shot! My two loves combined cards and core cardstock! YES PLEASE! :)

My Faves in the Core cardstock is...well I love it all, but right now the spotted is so adorable! I love it, you will notice it alot in my projects! :)

My First project is a fave of mine! 
For the base I used black textured Core'dinations cardstock, I stitched the edges which I love how on the textured cardstock the pen still works smoothly!  I used the Spotted Core' cardstock  for the apple and notepaper. The apple is and SVG file and the Notepaper and #1 Teacher is a stamp from Peachy Keens Aug. SOTM. I embossed the #1 Teacher using Black Embossing Powder, then added ribbon and a bow! So cute! Then to make the base look like I chalkboard I again took the white gelly pen and "wrote" on the board! Last but not least I added button..which finished off this super darling card! :) 


Next I wanted to show that you do not need a cutting machine to make a super adorable card!
The Base of this card is Cream Core' cardstock.
To start I tore the cardstock, (tip tear it towards you to show different color!) then added it to my card base to look like water. I then curled the edges towards me to look like waves, then stickled the edges.
Next, and this is where the no cutting machine needed comes in...all the pieces were hand cut by me by just tracing and cutting by hand. The boat, the fishing pole, the hearts! Its a great way to make a ONE OF A KIND card! To add those special touches add some twine, Stitching and stamps! 
The face stamp is from Peachy Keen Stamps Asst. Happy Lashes
and the sentiment is from Pink By Design


and my final project for today...yep its Halloween! :) I have been so ready for fall and Halloween I was just in the mood to make a fun card with these colors! The base of this card is Orange card Core' 
I used the black magic core' cardstock for the first layer, I ran it thru cuttlebug using the circles embossing folder. I then took my Core' sander and sanded, isnt it just awesome how the color comes thru! I love it!
I then cut out a haunted house, bat and moon svg! I used clear embossing and a background stamp on the haunted house and even with the texture of the cardstock the embossing worked perfect! To finish of the card I tore some grass from the spotted core' stack and ink the edges. Then cut a title from Make the Cut, I loved the way the negative looked so I used that and added cardstock behind to make them pop! A little twine and...a super cute halloween card! :)


In my opinion the Core' cardstock cut perfectly in my Silhouette! I have had problems with some heavier cardstocks in the past. Not anymore! :)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to get out and get some CORE'DINATIONS cardstock and try some awesome techniques!

2 comments: