Thursday, July 12, 2012

Celebrate Table Centerpiece

Hello Crafty Friends! This project should have been posted sooner but I have had a couple family health emergencies (all is well now thank goodness). 

I have been wanting to work with these mason jars since I got them! So my first thought was a centerpiece..but for what? hmmmm wait 4th of July picnic! PERFECT! 

Here are supplies I started with, along with my mason jars and stamps!

Supplies Needed:
 Burlap Ribbon(398-25-11) from May Arts
Red Sheer Dot Ribbon(JD54) from May Arts
Blue Sheer Dot Ribbon(370-14-44) from May Arts
Twine(412-14) from May Arts
Happy Lashes(PK-460) from Peachy Keen Stamps
Dowels from craft store
sparklers
and last but not least 
MASON JARS! :)

First thing I did was ties the blue and red sheer polka dot ribbon around bunches of sparklers. Set aside. Next step is to make the wands. To start I cut a Pinwheel SVG from the Silhouette. Before I assembled the pinwheels I "shredded" some of the burlap ribbon. To do that I cut a piece of burlap and started pulling apart.

Next start assembly of pinwheels, after you put brad through pinwheel, add shredded burlap to back and close brad! Next add pinwheel to dowel using Hot Glue, after I placed on dowel I glimmermisted. Then tie ribbon around dowel and fun pinwheel is done!
 Now onto decorating the jars!
Wrap burlap around the jars, adhere with hot glue, add blue ribbon around neck of both jars.
Small Jar I took the sheer red and wrapped over burlap. Large Jar I tied red sheer ribbon to burlap!
Ok so we are getting there! LOL
But this needs something else! A BANNER! :)
Simply cut a pattern for your banner out of cardtock and cut your burlap..the rougher looking the better!
Just one more thing! This wouldn't be complete without a super ADORABLE Peachy Keen Face right?

So here we go! Here is my fun centerpiece that can be adapted for any holiday or occasion!





Have A crafty day!!

2 comments:

  1. VEry creative...Love this idea..Might have to try for next year. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supercute!!! Good luck in the DT competition!

    ReplyDelete